Montag, 30. Januar 2012

The last days ;)

Sorry for taking that much time, but I really want to finish the blog with my last days :) I wasn’t able to write this before I left and since I landed in Frankfurt, my life basically consisted of sleeping.
So I'm gonna start with Wednesday the 25th. And yes, I have noticed that I am writing in English (even though I kinda lost the talent of telling the two languages apart). I promised to someone that I would at least translate the last post.

Wednesday was my „band day“. Starting with Senior Jazz Band rehearsal it already broke my heart to hear them play for the last time. Thank god there is youtube xD
I walked around the school to get my marks and comments for the report card. And yes, I am am
satisfied :)
English 11: 88% (A)
Math 12: 93% (A)
Guitar: 98% (A)
Choir: 100% (A)
Junior Vocal Jazz: 100% (A)

Actually my English mark is the one I love the most because it was soooo hard to get it!!
Getting the marks came along with saying goodbye to all my teachers. So sad... I was so glad that I spent my afternoon with Kaz and Seok Hee, because they made me forget all my unhappy thoughts. I never had that much fun drinking bubble tea <3
After that I forced Seok Hee to come souvenir shopping with me :D Sorry but I had never been to Lougheed before and we don’t want me to get lost, do we?
Anyway, we had a great time at my favorite sushi place and... of course... Tim Hortons afterwards!

On the 26th I met Alica after going for a walk with David. Again souvenir shopping was the plan and we went to the perfect place to do that: Metrotown! After speed shopping through our favorite stores I went home with Alica to meet her wonderful family! We had an amazing dinner and sadly I had to leave right away because it was also my last night with my hostfamily.
My family made me a wonderful present. A Necklace with the word „dream“. They probably have no idea how perfectly that fits. My time in New Westminster WAS a dream. And now, that its over I realize it even more.

Friday was my packing day. YES I did start packing before, but it wasn’t as successful as I hoped.
In the morning I got up to see my wonderful Julie at Starbucks. Thank you so much for this sweet present. And thank you even more for spending the whole day with me and making packing a lot more fun! After folding clothes, throwing stuff away and cleaning for the whole day I looked forward to my goodbye dinner. To tell the truth, at the beginning I was a little concerned. Would all my friends get along with each other? What a stupid fear :D
After some Chinese food and many photos it seemed like everyone knew everyone for years and we had so much fun... sometimes I was worried they might kick us out of the restaurant. :D
We spent some time at the school to take photos and then moved over to the skateboard park. Did you know that you have to be 19 to buy a lighter in Canada? Well I didn’t! Fortunately Laura was there so we had the chance to light those amazing sparkling lights. And the night wasn’t over yet! Everyone who was left went to Tim Hortons. Gosh I'm gonna miss this place! But I'm gonna miss my friends a million times more!! Actually... I already do. Thank you David, for cheering me up and the wonderful present! Thank you to everyone for this perfect last night!







 (photo credits: Kazumasa Takasugi xD )

 (I knew it: Seok Hee is a ghost!!)







On Saturday I woke up and still I couldn’t believe it was my last day. I finally took some photos of my host brothers (sooo cute!!) and then suddenly it was time for them to leave for a birthday party. After getting a hug and a kiss from Dominic and Lucas and giving both to Owen we had to say goodbye. I miss them a lot. They made my day so many times, by smiling at me or asking me a thousand questions I could barely answer :)



You can imagine how lonely I felt when I left the house I lived in for 5 months and went to the airport all alone with my host dad. But as soon as I saw Seok Hee and later on Theresa, David, Laura, Ian and Melody there, the loneliness was gone ;)
I cant believe all of you came the long way to the airport, just to say bye. Thank you so much! It made me happy <3

Everything, from checking in the luggage (no overweight YES!!) and getting through the security check, worked out perfectly. I got the best seat on the plane. Next to the business class, with lots of room and 2 TVs. But who needs movies if there is a book full of memories to read. For the first time I read all the messages in my Canada book. I think I don’t have to explain why I cried for the first 40 minutes of the flight. The flight went by quite fast, even though I couldn’t sleep. My suitcases were the first ones at the baggage pickup. So I was the first one to leave the Terminal and see all the waiting parents (there were many, many kids on the plane with me!). Of course I chose the best parents in the world and after getting the first German hugs, a beautiful rose and a welcome Baileys... xD... I finally arrived in Germany.
After being up for more than 30 hours I started feeling the jet lag at my aunt and uncle's house. They prepared lunch for us <3 When we arrived in Hontheim my voice was totally gone and I couldn’t make a sound, until I saw my two best friends waiting in the living room with a poster and a cake! That was a good reason to scream out in astonishment... positive astonishment of course :D
I didn’t think coming home would feel so awesome, but thanks to all my friends who came over, it did!
Tomorrow will be my first day back in school... today, I didn’t do much except sleeping (finally^^), meeting my grandparents and trying to unpack my suitcases (FAIL!).

I already miss everyone from New West!! I promise, I will be back this summer! Please don't forget me! You made this 5 months the best time of my life <3

xoxo

Maria

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Ich freue mich immer über Kommentare. Falls es Probleme mit der Funktion gibt schreibt mir einfach... kam jetzt des öfteren vor ;)